This is what we started with:
A pretty standard MAN 15.290 4x4 cab-chassis, shown here in the dealers yard before we picked it up.
- Dual Cab (DoKa)
- 4x4 with 3 diff locks (centre/front/rear)
- 12 speed manual gearbox with automated clutch (2 speeds in reverse).
- 3 Drive 'programs' for the gearbox: for on-road, off-road and crawling + 2 for reverse
- Low range transfer gearbox
- Parabolic springs on the front
- Air springs on the rear
- Disk Brakes all around, with ABS
- Euro 5 engine - No AdBlue or DPF required (uses an EGR system)
- Twin turbo chargers - 290HP
- Dual airconditioners (front and rear of cabin)
- Air suspension seats for both driver and navigator
- 15 tonne GVW
- 300L fuel tank. Estimated fuel consumption is around 25-26 litres/100Km, so a range of over 1,000Km.
It came standard with twin dual rear wheels, running 11" road tyres, so the first item on the to-do list was to swap these out for a set of super single rims/tyres with a somewhat more off-road biased pattern.
This is the 2nd airconditioner in the cab:
The instrument console:
ISRI air-suspension heated drivers seat. Passenger seat was ordered the same (the standard passenger seat was just a regular seat without air-suspension or heating).
Passenger side rear view. Note that it came with a vertical exhaust pipe behind the cab, which we got the dealer to remove before delivery. The exhaust is now directed down to the ground just beside the centre transfer gearbox:
Next post ...